Return to Work
With Accredited return to work (RTW) experts, Serene Safety can act as a return to work expert for a start to finish service or just as a consultation service to suit your business needs. Serene Safety is able to look at the benefits of remaining at work or returning to work, and the negatives and positives of returning to work so a injury cost is minimised and injured employees also get the best outcome.
RTW Services we provide
- Fit for work services
- Restoration to the community services
- Pre-injury employer services
- Return to work assessment services
- Job placement services
With workplace injuries costing companies $68.1 billion per year, it’s important that when it comes to return to work that both company and employees are represented by someone with extensive experience so that the best outcome can be achieved.
This is where SERENE comes in.
With an Accredited return to work coordinator and extensive experience in creating a return to the workplace, fitness for duty place, managing workplace injuries, creating a return to work policies SERENE can help lower the cost of an injury, work to have injured staff return to work sooner and the complete management of return to work cases.
When does a company need an RTW Coordinator?
It varies depending on State or Territory but typically you are required to use a Return To Work Coordinator if; you’re a Category 1 employer (i.e. employers whose basic tariff premium exceeds $50 000), if you’re self-insured, and if you are insured by a specialised insurer and employ more than 20 workers. For specific State or Territory requirements, get in contact with us.
Return to Work coordination requires an accredited provider. To get the best possible outcome for both employer and employee, you need a trained and experienced expert.
Lower the cost of an injury
We can lower the cost of injury by working with all parties to get your injured worker to either remain at work, or return to work as soon as possible. We can also assist in providing advice how to pre-empt future injuries.
Positive Outcome for all parties
By helping your employee rehabilitate and get back to work is a win for everyone. We work with injured workers to get them back to work as soon as possible.
How we can help
- Assist injured workers to remain at or return to work as quickly as possible
- Develop a return to work plan
- Liaise with supervisors and managers about the return to work process including early intervention strategies
- Work with the injured worker and treating practitioners to ensure the best possible outcomes
- Take steps to prevent a recurrence of the injury
- Help resolve any disputes
- Review your workplace policies and procedures and provide recommendations on how you reduce your risk of accidents
If you have an injured worker and require a Return to Work Advisor, then talk to one of Serene Safety’s Injury Management Advisors.